Getting Ready For Change

Things seem to be looking up. This week Hailey and I have been preparing to move to Las Vegas. It was sort of a sudden decision to move there. After putting out 30 resumes on top of filling out applications every day for what seems like forever, I decided to put just a tiny few out in Las Vegas, and BAM! Two calls back already.

I've been on one interview for a party supply store, and got called back for a second interview. I want this move SO bad. These past couple of days I've suffered through my car overheating on the way to Vegas, getting stuck in Primm, Nevada for 12 hours, a dead car battery, mishaps galore with hotel accommodations and lack of sleep. I'm fighting for this. I want to be able to support myself like a normal adult of my age. I've wanted it for a really long time. I've been unemployed for three years now, always trying to do something to make myself hirable. I went to Massage Therapy school and Medical Assistant school, and nothing has come of it so far. I feel like Vegas is the right step for me right now and I'm going to do what I can to get there.

So, priortities: Find an apartment, a job, and then save up for a car. I really want a Toyota, Matrix.

I believe that everything is going to work out. I just have to be positive and grateful for everything that I do have that makes me fortunate. Good friends, supportive family, the possibility of a job and hope for a better future, as cheesy as that sounds.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts